Regional Policy and Business Promotion
According to the ministerial council for regional planning (which awards the title), Metropolitan Regions are “motors for corporate, economic, social and cultural development, with good accessibility on a European and international level and an additional positive impact on the surrounding area”.
- One of Germany’s economic powerhouses
- A centre of commerce of international standing
- In a central position in Europe, with outstanding transport links
- An innovation and business founder region with excellent educational and research institutions
- Fields of competence / clusters:
- Transport and logistics
- Information and communication
- Medicine and health
- Energy and environment
- New materials
- Automation and production technologies
- Innovative services
More general informations about the economic situation in Germany can be found in the publication of the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) named "The Economic Situation and Expectations".